ROMNEY MARSH COMMITTEE 2013
President: Les Ramsden
Chairman Dave Thompson
Vice Chairman Lynda Watts
Secretary Ron Beecham tel: 01634 672210 email: <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
Treasurer Isobel Beecham
To renew your subscription/apply for membership please send a cheque for £6 made out to Romney Marsh and District Sheepdog Society together with your name, address and email address to: Isobel Beecham, 29 Wetheral Drive, Walderslade, Kent . ME5 8ES
RESUME OF OUR RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR ORGANISED TRIALS.
The rules will be similar to those of the International Sheep Dog Society with those currently adopted by the Romney Marsh & District Sheep Dog Society, Committee and membership.
- Any dog that “grips” a sheep may be disqualified at the discretion of the judge – taking into consideration the behaviour and welfare of the sheep.
- Any competitor who acts in an improper way will be immediately disqualified and reported to the Society.
- The judge shall have the power to call the handler at any time to retire from the competition and to clear his sheep off the course.
- The committee reserves the right to refuse any entry.
- The judge will decide the time to be allowed for the competition.
- Competitors running times are not to be used to determine placings in the event of equality.
- The judges are not to be interfered with nor spoken to – except through the Course Director. Any competitor who interferes or speaks to a judge directly makes himself/herself liable to immediate disqualification.
- Bitches in season are permitted to run BUT the committee may make such restrictions as they think fit or alter the running so that other competitors are not adversely affected. ANY competitor whose bitch is in season MUST notify the Secretary before the start of the trial.
- It is the responsibility of the judge to grant a “re-run”.
- All competitors are responsible for keeping their sheep after they have completed their run.
- Any competitor running a dog or bitch not eligible for a class will be reported to the Society.
- The committee accept no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage that may be caused during the trial and that the public are on the grounds of the trial at their own risk.
- Any objection against any dog or bitch in any class MUST be lodged with the Secretary in writing and accompanied by a fee of £10 before the termination of the trial. The fee will be refunded if the objection is sustained.
- All dogs must be under control whilst within the precincts of the trial.
- A “Novice” dog is considered to be one not to have won TWO Novice Classes OR TWO Open Novice Classes.
- All points allocated by the judge to be recorded up to the completion of the course, retirement or when allocated time is up. No PROFESSIONAL retirements will be considered.
- Competitors MUST consider the well being of the sheep when working.
- A fixed time will be set when commencing an Open class whenever Novice and Open classes are scheduled on the same day.
- These trials are competitions and NOT training sessions and should be treated as such.
- When sheep are taken from the course only verbal commands to be used when ever possible.